Monday, February 14, 2011

“Warm Fuzzies” & “Red Hot Flashes” ~~~Valentine’s Day Cookie Recipe~~~

"Happy Valentine's Day"!
"Warm Fuzzies" & "Red Hot Flashes"

This is a sugar cookie recipe that has been handed down through several generations of women in my family.  I have added my own twist when decorating these cookies for Valentine’s Day.  I cover them with melted white almond bark (or sometimes white chocolate) & sprinkle with shredded coconut or "Red Hot" candies.

 I’ve always called the coconut covered hearts “Warm Fuzzies”…’cuz that’s what you get when you taste them!  The newest addition was that of “Red Hots” and I’ve dubbed them “Red Hot Flashes”!  (I assure you this has nothing to do with my ever increasing age!) 
Make & share these with LoVe!
~Debbie~



***Gather ingredients.***

***Roll out your cookie dough!***

***My Favorite Ripple-edged Cutters***


***"Warm Fuzzy" Cutter***

***"Warm Fuzzy" Dough***

***"Red Hot Flashes" Cutter***

***"Red Hot Flashes" Dough***

***Gather decorating ingredients!***

***Heart-Shaped "Red Hots"
& Almond Bark***

***Bright White Shredded Coconut***

***Use red coloring to tint some of the coconut
a festive pink color!***

***Melt the almond bark (or white chocolate if you prefer) in the microwave for about 2 minutes.  You can use a double boiler on the stove top otherwise.***

***"Warm Fuzzies"***

***Heart-Shaped "Red Hots"***

***Pretty!***

***"Red Hot Flashes"***

***Mmmm...Happy Valentine's Day!***

 Recipe
1 ½ cup powdered sugar
1 cup soft unsalted butter
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
½ tsp. almond extract
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cream of tartar
2 ½ cups unbleached flour
*Combine all ingredients in order given. (I usually double this recipe.)  Chill.  Roll out.  (I sprinkle powdered sugar on the counter rather than flour.  It tastes a lot better and doesn’t toughen the dough.)  Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.

Enjoy these delicious treats!  
~Debbie~

1 comment:

  1. Deb, your pictures are amazingly beautiful! And your cookies are amazingly yummy!!

    ReplyDelete